Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pnuemonia

I know that it has been a little while since I last updated. This short entry is just to say that I will be updating very shortly with pictures and more, but I have been busy and too tired to do so. On Thursday of last week Lilly developed a cough (which isn't unusual for this season) on Saturday she was ok, but started to weez. I was watching her closely and just decided to see where things would go. By monday the weezing hadn't stopped and we went to the doctor. I suspected pnuemonia, but obviously I didn't know for sure. Sure enough Lilly was diagnosed with pneumonia. So then I thought, well that is good and they can give us some medicine and she will get better - right!?! WRONG! she, of course, has viral pneumonia, which means we jsut have to let it runs its course and just watch her closely ie, make sure she has plenty of fluids, keep the air moist, etc. What a way to make a mom feel worse for her kid! So, now it is Wednesday and Lilly is still under the weather. She finally ate half an egg and half a piece of bread today (which is good considering she hasn't eaten anything since Saturday!) We are in the midst of late nights, getting up in the middle of the night, and extremely early mornings. We all also seem to have the same virus, and we are just trying to get rid of it. Needless to say I am a little tired and will update the blog better at a later date.

2 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

Heather, I am sorry to hear about Lilly! I was hospitalized with pneumonia in September and my biggest fear ever since then is that one of my children would get it. My heart goes out to you and her! We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Matt and Jen said...

Hi Heather! It's me, Jenna! I'm so sorry your little one has been sick. I hope she gets better soon. I love your blog! I found it on Britni's. What's your email so I can send you and invite to mine? Miss you! My email is purplejen24@hotmail.com