Friday, April 4, 2008

Day 8 - The Final Day and Pearl Harbor

Well the day finally came that we had to go home. Don't get me wrong, I was excited to see Lilly, but we had a really great time, and you really can't beat the weather! My Dad had a few more appointments and so the rest of us decided to go to Pearl Harbor. We didn't have a lot of time and so we only made it to the USS Arizona. It was really cool and you could still see little bubbles of oil being released from the ship. The guide mentioned that they estimate it to leak oil for about another 10 years! After Pearl Harbor we went to a Hawaiian store called Hilo Hatties. It has everything Hawaiian that you could ever want. We bought a few souvenirs and headed to pick up my Dad. We went to dinner, went to the airport and we started flying home by 9:15 pm that evening. Aaron and I got home on Wednesday evening at about 5:00 pm. It was a great trip, but we are happy to be home. Thanks again mom and dad. We really appreciate it!

2 comments:

britni jean said...

that is just too crazy that we both went to hawaii about the same time. we were actually in the same state for one afternoon, amazing. if only we could have see eachother. hopefully in seattle this summer!! it was fun seeing all your pictures. and some of the places i had just been. it is weird to think that i was at a few of those places just a few days before you were there. wow! well i'm glad you had a great trip. love ya!

Cassie and Mark said...

When I read the blog entry you posted before you left, I was very curious where you were going for 9 days, but I'm so glad you had a fun trip! What a fun surprise for Amber too! Who watched Lilly for you? Hawaii is on my list of places to visit, so hopefully I will someday.