Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Allergist


I have been miserable for a little while now. My Allergies have been worse than ever. So I finally made an appointment to see an allergist and get an allergy test. I swear my back looked like mine field. I am definitely allergic to pollens, trees, grasses, animals, dust, etc. It was a long list! So after all that, I decided that I should start the shots so I can hopefully be "allergy free" for up to 3 years at a time in a little while. I don't think that I would mind being "allergy free". So when the woman came in to explain the shots to me, the first thing she starts talking about is how I will need to carry an epi-pen with me at all times, just in case I have an allergic reaction or anything. Then she goes on to show me how to use it. She's like, "it's simple, just pop this and jab that straight through your clothes. Don't just push, you have to use force to get the full dose." She is all calm like, and I am freaking out a little bit at this point. I think I am really nervous about getting the shots. I know I will just have to suck it up and do it, but maybe I need a little time. It's just the epi-pen that freaks me out I think. Once I get over that I should be fine.
The other thing is that if I become allergy free, does that mean that I will loose the argument that has been going on for 6 years now about having an inside animal? Sorry honey, I'm afraid I am too set in my ways....

1 comments:

Shalee said...

HA! Just skewer yourself with the epi-pen! No biggie! Funny. I would freak out a little too!