Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Treat for Preschool





Lilly's teacher at preschool has all the kids celebrate their birthday's at some point in the year. So those who have summer birthday's will typically get to celebrate them in the last month of the school year. All throughout the year I had heard that almost everyone has brought in cupcakes for their treat at school, and this was fine, except it seemed like half of the kids couldn't eat a cupcake without getting it all over themselves. The week before it was Lilly's turn to bring her treat, her friend Seth brought cupcakes, but this time the frosting was a very bright blue. The kind of blue that stains not only clothes but skin. Luckily they had their treats after their class pictures were taken because from what I heard it was a nightmare. There was blue frosting all over the kids. On their clothes and all over their faces.


So, for that reason I chose to do something a little different, and it ended up being a huge hit. I decided to make these Hello Kitty cake pops. I found the how-to at the bakerella website. Awesome website, by the way. I could have made cake pops a little easier, but Lilly has requested a Hello Kitty birthday party this year, so I decided to stick with her theme. All the kids loved them and they were the perfect treat. Hardly any mess at all.


If you ever decide to make these, send me a message and I'll give you all the how to changes that I had to make. I don't have a cake decorating store near me so I improvised on a few of the steps. All in all I think they turned out really cute.

1 comments:

Shalee said...

So cute! Impressive!!