Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

With baby #2 on the way we decided it was time to put Lilly in a big girl bed! Aaron's parents had an extra bed frame and so we bought a ma tress and assembled her bed. I was pretty much scared out of my mind and thought I wouldn't be getting any sleep for like the next month. And of course I had the standard visions of her falling out of bed and breaking a bone, you know, stuff like that! (Give me a break - I'm pregnant and emotional!) Anyway, We got the bed put together and her room rearranged. The bed ended up being kind of tall so Lilly can't get in the bed by herself. That of course makes her think that she can't get out of bed! That night we put her to bed and after about 20 minutes she fell asleep. She slept all night and stayed in bed. I was pretty much in shock and even woke up at 4 am to check on her. My guess is that she thinks it is kind of like her crib and she can't get in and out of it! I am just fine with that! After two nights she is doing great and we couldn't be happier.

Aaron and Lilly putting the bed together. The whole time we were putting it together Lilly was chanting "big girl bed!" over and over again.
The finished product. It turned out great and Lilly seems to really like it!

1 comments:

britni jean said...

heather!! i love peeking in on your life! lilly's bed looks great! love love love the quilt! target?! i've been looking for a quilt for dalia's bed, as of now i'm "trying" to make one, but i believe it will take me FOREVER especially with two babis to watch. hooray for aaron the canning helper! maybe one day me and you can can together!! love you! ps. how is baby girl number 2 doing!? and her pregnant mama!?