Monday, October 10, 2011

Boise

We are in love with Boise! It has just been so good for us and the kids. Since we have moved here the girls have played outside more than ever before. We are surrounded by neighbor kids that just love to play outside. Little girls are knocking on our door asking if the girls can come out to play. It is like a whole new world for me. I feel like I have to adjust and catch up. I have never before let them play outside alone in Pocatello before, but here, we feel so safe in our neighborhood and with all the other kids outside I am semi-comfortable (I check on them often, I just can't help myself!) letting them just play outside while I finish up whatever I am doing inside.

Lilly has gotten so much more confident on her bike now, and she is really trying to talk Aaron and I into taking off her training wheels. I think she doesn't want them any more because the girl next door doesn't have any! Someday soon we might see what happens there. She also doesn't seem to be as freaked out by bugs anymore! I know, it's a miracle! It might help that we have so many flies around here that she has just had to learn how to get used to them. Whatever, I am just glad that she is loving playing outside and not screaming because of some bug outside. Lilly is growing up and loving school. She is doing so well and we couldn't be prouder of her. We just had parent/teacher conferences and she got a glowing review from her teacher. Great job Lilly!

Molly is loving her new found freedom to be outside. It seems like every morning the first words out of her mouth are "Can I ride my bike?" She just wants to play outside all day! She is finally settled into nursery here and I think she has come to realize that nursery is nursery no matter where you are. There will be toys, snacks and singing and that is what she loves the best! The little girl next door has the coolest toys. She has a power wheels Escalade car and an electric scooter. Molly can't really drive the car yet, but she was rockin' it on the scooter. She thought it was the best toy ever! It is so nice that Destiny (the girl next door) is willing to share her toys with the kids. They always have a great time together and an even better one when the electric toys come out. Molly has now decided that she wants a scooter of her very own. We will just have to see. Good thing Christmas and her birthday are just around the corner!

All in all we are adjusting well. We have had the opportunity to see family from both sides quite often and we are loving the visits! Aaron is working really hard in school and doing really well. As for me, well my weeks seem to fill up fast with visits to the library, visits to the doctors, picking up Lilly from school, PTA, and just carrying this baby for another 4 weeks. I have finally been ordered to take it a lot easier, so now I am trying to sit down more than normal. We will just have to see how that goes...

0 comments: