Monday, August 27, 2007

The Busy Month of August and a New Car

I haven't been able to update the Blog lately and a lot has happened this month. We have been busy with Ear Surgery, Finding a daycare for Lilly, Traveling, a car breaking down, buying a new car, planning and celebrating Lilly's First Birthday, and going back to/catching up on Work! Needless to say it is only going to get busier for us as the holidays start coming!

Yes you read correctly! Aaron and I have made another (Lilly being the first) large decision to purchase a car for our family. It was a long time coming and I personally didn't want to make that change in our lives, in fact I enjoyed not having a car payment to make. Aaron has been ready for quite sometime to get a new car and I have not. Then 2 weeks ago after visiting with my parents at their house, I was on my way home from Boise and the car died. It is hard to explain exactly what happened. All I know is that Lilly and I were sitting on the side of the road while the car rattled with every passing truck. That was obviously the straw that broke the camels back and I was now prepared to get a reliable car. Lucky for me the car started and only broke down twice more before I got to our friends house in Twin Falls. Aaron came and followed me home to make sure that I wouldn't get stranded. It was quite the eventful night for us especially since we had to be up and out of our house at 5:00 am the following morning for Aaron's Ear Surgery. We didn't get to bed until 2:00 am, and the next day I slept maybe 1.5 hours total. Needless to say I was tired and ready for a reliable Ride.

So this last Saturday Aaron and I went out looking for cars and we came across this White Toyota Camry (we already knew the kind of car we wanted). The price was right and so we made a deal. Obviously from the pictures there is really dark tinting on the windows. We are having the dealership take that down a few notches. By 5:00 pm we were the proud new owners of this car. Some of you may be asking why we didn't get a family car, well it is simple really. This car will be mine to drive (I don't know how I got so lucky!) for the next year and a half that Aaron is in school. We still have our Subaru and we know that within 4 years that car will die to. So by the time we even need a family car the Subaru will have died and we will then get our family car and this car will be Aaron's commuting car, which is great because the thing gets 32 miles to the gallon in town. That is definitely a money saver!

1 comments:

britni jean said...

i love your new car! it looks great!