Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Visit with the Farmer Family and Fires All Around

A week before Aaron had Ear Surgery I decided that Lilly and I should go and visit my parents for a week. We had a great time. On our way to the Ranch there was a huge fire just outside McCall Idaho. I took a picture of it because the plume of smoke looked like an atomic bomb! There are fires everywhere in fact we were lucky if the day cleared out enough to see down the canyon. I sure hope we get some rain soon.

When we were at my parents house we bought a box of nectarines from Costco. They were sitting on the counter next to where Lilly was sitting. I turned around for just a second and when I looked back Lilly had grabbed a nectarine and was eating away at it. She ate almost half of it before she dropped it in my sister Amber's shoe (Sorry Amber I forgot to tell you!) and that was when we decided she couldn't have it back. She sure did enjoy the nectarine though. She also enjoyed all the suckers that grandpa gave her!
Another project that I began while visiting was cleaning out and painting my sister Amber's room. The old room was a little young for her but now she has a pretty modern and sophisticated room. We painted one wall a chocolate brown with Teal and Pink accents and then we painted the other three walls Teal. We also had to paint the ceiling and base boards White. It was a long project but in the end it was totally worth it! She also doesn't have anything left in her room after I basically did a clean sweep of it (I guess now it will stay clean!). Do you like the circles on the wall? I designed them on my computer first and then we painted them on! Pretty cool.

1 comments:

britni jean said...

that first picture with the barn and fire looks like a professional pic - great pic, i would hang it on my wall! also, i love the nectarine lilly pic, here wide eyes are so cute, you can tell she just loves it! and great painting/decorating skills, i really like your circles!