Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Irriational Fear

I found out last week when I called to re-schedule an appointment that my current doctor had sold his practice and left! Great! I get to go to another new doctor! With Lilly I saw a group of three doctors, and then we moved and I saw a group of two mid-wives, and then due to complications had someone totally different deliver me! Needless to say I have kind of learned that as long as the doctor knows what he is doing, doesn't creep me out, and helps keep baby and mommy healthy then I am just fine with whoever! So on Monday we headed to see our new doctor. He was nice enough, but the really great thing is that I will get to find out in three weeks what we are expecting! This news is what kind of freaked me out. You see, I have only been to the doctor once during this pregnancy and at that point we didn't really have a firm due date (I know it is never firm, but in my case I have to keep a week count, so it's nice to know!) So all of a sudden we are half way through the pregnancy, into the second trimester and we are finding out what we are having! And I have only been to the doctor twice! I just got in the car and started crying. Aaron was like "what is the matter with you?" and All I could say was, "we are having another baby!" Aaron just looked at me and just kind of laughed. He said he has already been through this when I first got pregnant and he thinks it's funny that I am just now going through it! I guess it just got to me because I just never thought I was as far along as I am. Anyway, I am now past my irrational fear of having a second child and can hardly wait to see what we are having. Anyone care to guess?!?

3 comments:

Candace said...

A think a boy...but a girl would be cheaper. But then again, not the way that we shop! :)

Michelle said...

Heather your post was very cute. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking girl...

Cassie and Mark said...

Who was your doctor who sold his practice? Who is your new doctor? Dr. Burton delivered Gavin in Pocatello and he was excellent! I've good things about a lot of doc's in Pocatello. I went through a lot of "irrational fears" with my second pregnancy. I was terrified at the thought of being out numbered while Mark was gone. You are a wonderful mother to Lilly and will be a great mother to your next baby too! I'm guessing girl! Do you remember the little game we played one day in church with the needle on the thread that supposedly predicted the number and gender of kids you would have? Ahhh..what fun memories!