Monday, April 12, 2010

Prom

I was able to go and visit my Mom and Dad this week! It is always nice to get away. I of course didn't take very many pictures until the end of our trip, but in my defense, we were incredibly busy all week. We started the week by attending a meeting and organizing the Senior class fundraiser. The fundraiser was a Brown Bag Lunch. I think it ended up being more successful than expected. So between the fundraiser, shopping for all the fixings, making 400 sandwiches, getting mani's and pedi's (I know, hard life!) It was also my Mom's birthday and my little sister senior prom. For the prom we were doing a big dinner for my sister and a few friends. It ended up being great. I think we were very tired by the end of the week, but it was a successful week!

Amber wanted to make sure that everyone knew which door to come in - the rest of us just jokingly said welcome to the wedding!

This is the table setting. We had this whole black and white theme with yellow to compliment Amber's dress. I swear my Mom and I can't do stuff like this anymore, we just validate everything and end up doing way more than we probably should. But we had fun doing it!

While I was helping Amber with her hair, she broke her headband! We were in a crunch to come up with something different, but lucky for her she had me, the bow making and inventive sister on hand! We quickly wrapped a headband in some fabric the same color as her dress and added some bling. I think it turned out pretty cute and she told me that she got a lot of compliments on it that night - whew, one disaster averted!



Here are the prom pictures that I was able to get.

From top going clockwise: Amber and her date Caleb, their star at prom, the group at dinner. Again Amber and Caleb, and last but not least Amber and Dad.

We went to the Promenade and Lilly was in heaven she thought all the girls looked like princesses and anytime a girl came out she would clap and talk all about the color of their dresses. She was really sad that we couldn't stay and dance the night away - but soon enough it will come!

0 comments: