Monday, December 1, 2008

A Week in Review

Well here we are 1 week after the start of being on bed rest. I have to say that I had hoped the baby would come last week, but alas she did not. We sent Lilly packing to my parent's house for Thanksgiving on Monday. Everyone said she was pretty good and no trouble at all (thank goodness, I always worry about how she acts when she is away from us!). On Tuesday Aaron went out to get me some lunch and he was sideswiped by a nice old lady! I am so glad that I wasn't in the car. Luckily no one got hurt (except our poor car) and the woman who hit us seems to have pretty good insurance. Things are running smoothly and we are pretty sure that all that will need to be replaced is the passenger side door. Then on Tuesday evening my blood pressure was a little too high for comfort so we packed a bag (just in case) and headed to the hospital for some blood work. Miraculously everything looked fine (except my blood pressure) and they sent me home. We spent Wednesday doing pretty much nothing. On Thursday Aaron cooked us Thanksgiving Dinner (pictures to follow), it was yummy and definitely helped keep the holiday blues at bay! We were really missing Lilly by Thursday so we decided to head to Boise on Friday to pick her up. My parents got tickets for everyone to go to the Boise State Game and so they would all be in Boise. Aaron loaded me into the car and we picked up Lilly. We actually ended up staying so that Aaron could go to the game and Lilly and I went to my parent's hotel room to relax. My Grandma couldn't go to the game either so we hung out with my mom and had a good time. We ended up staying in Boise that night and the next day we went home to get Lilly back into her routine.

Today we went to the doctor and he said that he would like me to go a few more weeks, but he really isn't sure how much more he will get out of me. So we could have a baby next week sometime. I am pretty sure it won't be this week. Until then I am still on bed rest! I also have to go to the hospital twice a week now for non-stress tests. I sure hope we are nearing the end.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Molly is just taking after her Mommy and being Stubborn and taking her sweet little time. She will come when she is ready and not anytime sooner.

britni jean said...

Guess what today is!?!? YOUR birthday!! Happy Happy Birthday to you Heather! i hope that you can enjoy it.

P.S. i'm glad that you got to have a little thanksgiving and get out a bit. it is so exciting to think that you will have a new baby soon!

Cassie and Mark said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a day late! If I had your number I would have called you. I'm so sorry you're on bedrest and I hope Molly decides to come soon! Take care!