Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lincoln Memorial, White House, etc.

Our next stop was the Reflecting Pool which we were sad to see was under reconstruction so there wasn't much to see there. Then we headed up to the Lincoln Memorial. There was a lot of stairs at the end of our long walk. My dad counted them, but I can't remember how many there were! It was really cool! I was so excited to see it. There was so many people in there we were lucky to get as close as we did.

Next we walked to the Vietnam Memorial. It is really humbling to see all those names up on that wall and the flowers that people leave behind. It really makes me appreciate what we have. Then it was onto the White House. We walked to the front side and decided I was good and didn't need to see the backside of it. I may have been a titch tired at this point. Then it was a long walk back to our hotel were we collapsed for an hour before heading out to a great dinner. I was more than happy to go back to our hotel room after dinner. I was tired, needed Tylenol and a good nights rest because we had to be up early the next morning so we could head to our real destination.... New York City!


0 comments: