Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New York!!! Day 1

Ah New York! For anyone that knows me, you know that this has always been a dream. I have wanted to go to New York forever. I even wanted to live there for a while. But now I have kids and must be content to just visit. It was a quick trip. We had 2 1/2 days to spend there. We got up early and took the train from D.C. to New York. Once we arrived the insanity ensued. I'm pretty sure that I ran everyone until we all dropped into a heap at the end of the trip!

My first look at the city. This is right outside Penn Station and Madison Square Garden


Slumming it on the subway. It was definitely a really nice way to get around the city. I actually didn't mind the subway and thought it was a great way to get around. Definitely better than the 3 taxi rides that we took. Those taxi's can sure make you feel like your life is about to end!



This is for you Amber! and this is the reason we wanted to get to New York so early. My mom wanted to catch the show that Amber and her listen to every week.



Right off of Times Square was this awesome deli. I was hankering for a good dill pickle and the server there brought me 3 of them. She was my friend that day! They also made these huge eclairs. As you can see, they were quite large, but so delicious that we ended up going back and buying three more then next day!



This is the show that we saw, and yes, that is Harry Potter. We were pleasantly surprised to see that he could dance and sing! It was a really good show and we had a great time. John Laroquette (from night court - anyone? anyone?) was also in the show. He was hilarious.




Then we got tickets to go on the bus tours around the city. This allowed us to see so much more than we could have seen on our own. We had a great time seeing the city this way.

0 comments: